Bloody Mary


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





10. It’s the drink that eats like a meal.

9. Next to a Screwdriver and Mimosa, it’s one of the few cocktails you can enjoy in the morning without raising alcoholic suspicions.

8. You can skip lunch and still eat.

7. Because I have a bottle of great vodka at home that will spoil and go bad very, very soon. (If I repeat this enough you might believe me.)

6. Horseradish.

5. Because tomato juice is packed with vitamins and is good for you.

4. Anything with a big celery stalk in it is fun.

3. Because I have yet to savor the ideal Bloody Mary. Practice makes perfect, you know.

2. Because it’s easily customized; anchovies and garlic stuffed olives, anyone?

1. Because it’s really been one of those days.


10 Responses to “Bloody Mary”

  1. Anonymous bea at La Tartine Gourmande 

    No recipe? That is a tease then! Yes I am one of those who does not know much about coktails, I admit!

  2. Anonymous kimc 

    Okay NOW you are making ME hungry!

  3. Anonymous melissa 

    i had my first taste of a bloody mary when i was 3, and i remember it very clearly. my grandmother had girlfriends over for sunday brunch, and because i thought she was drinking V8, and i *adore* V8, i bothered her incessantly for a taste until she caved in... in one of those "this'll teach her" sort of moves, she raised the glass to my lips and had to PRY it out of my hands. her child-psychology had backfired, and i've loved bloody mary ever since.

    there's nothing better than a bloody mary at around 11am on a sunday morning over eggs benedict for sunday brunch.

    i'm making brunch plans for sunday now...

  4. Anonymous Liz 

    I've never really been big on bloody marys but that doesn't stop me from trying.

    For example, I'll have to give #6 a shot because I love horseradish. And #4 is just funny. And so true!

    Are you a 1:1 person or 2:1 when it comes to mixing a bloody mary?

  5. Anonymous Liz 

    I've never really been big on bloody marys but that doesn't stop me from trying.

    For example, I'll have to give #6 a shot because I love horseradish. And #4 is just funny. And so true!

    Are you a 1:1 person or 2:1 when it comes to mixing a bloody mary?

  6. Anonymous GastroChick 

    Because it's a hangover cure?

  7. Anonymous btezra 

    ~#9 had me cracking up, nearly sprayed coffee all over my laptop in the office pit as I read it...~

  8. Anonymous tami h. 

    i see i planted bloody marys on the brain :)

    i think we should have online iron chef america...for bloody mary recipes :)

  9. Anonymous matt 

    TAMI, you were TOTALLY my inspiriation!

    How EVER did you guess?

    Yep, ever since reading your posting, well, it's all I could think about :)

  10. Blogger 日月神教-向左使 

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Matt Armendariz
  • From Los Angeles, California
  • A man with a passion for good food and a wonderful life with a dash of irreverence. Read at your own risk. Advertising director by day, wino by night. All photos on this site by Matt Armendariz.
  • My profile

Previous posts

From The Vaults

Links & Tasty Stuff


ATOM 0.3