Product Review: Reynolds Fun Shapes


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




I'm a huge fan of anything that encourages kids to get in the kitchen and prepare food. Like many others, I have a less-than-favorable view on fast food in this country and its effect on our waistlines. Besides, so many are far removed from the actual act of cooking and preparing food and I personally find that disheartening. I believe the kitchen can be the center of the home, and cooking and eating together have benefits that can be felt for a lifetime.

When I was asked to review these Reynolds fun shapes my immediate reaction was "Hey, that's cute!" But as they sat on my desk for a while and friends and colleagues saw them I realized that they were not only cute but also worthy of a mention. I gave a few to co-workers with families and the reactions were all the same: they were a hit. And for some parents with sugar concerns, these baking cups and cake pans aren't only for sweet treets. They made great tiny pans for a guacamole-inspired 5 layer dip in the shape of a star, a simple quick pizza as well as egg-shaped cornbread.

Not only are they cute, but they created a kitchen activity that brings people together. Now you gotta love that.

Please remember to recycle.


2 Responses to “Product Review: Reynolds Fun Shapes”

  1. Anonymous Dianka3103 

    Wow, I've never seen these. What a great idea!

    ~Dianka
    http://na-zdravi.blogspot.com/

  2. Anonymous Jenn 

    Great for making ice shapes as well. Recently used the star foils for making a colored ice base for sorbet...

    http://eating-in.blogspot.com/2006_04_01_eating-in_archive.html

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Matt Armendariz
  • From Los Angeles, California
  • A man with a passion for good food and a wonderful life with a dash of irreverence. Read at your own risk. Advertising director by day, wino by night. All photos on this site by Matt Armendariz.
  • My profile

Previous posts

From The Vaults

Links & Tasty Stuff


ATOM 0.3