Food Secrets Revealed!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...






If you know me you have probably told me a few hundred times to keep my loud laugh down or asked me if there was a way to contain and temper my excitement just a little bit. I'm gregarious, obnoxious and the poster boy for the word "demonstrative". Please forgive me.

I like others to celebrate life as well, but that doesn't mean working with me is a piece of cake, either. Work hard and play hard, that's what I say. When I'm art directing a shoot I like it to flow smoothly, and most importantly I want others to enjoy their work. Their efforts translate into a better shoot and that benefits everyone.

Yesterday I asked my stylist to create a big sandwich for a magazine feature on back to school lunches. I wanted it to be fun, not some humdrum boring lunchbox item that seems to appear everywhere around September.

"Make it tall, make it big, make it graphic!" I proclaimed.

What followed went above and beyond my expectations. I mean, I wanted her to have fun and work hard, but with this I was truly impressed. After being dumbfounded by her engineering prowess I asked her if I could reveal her towering structure on my blog, if only to show the work and thought and time that went into making a simple sandwich so, well, not simple.



She gladly obliged me, and I thank her.

I know I've said it before, but here's a big giant bow to the folks behind the scenes who make what you see look simple and delicious. It's not always the case.





My ever so patient assistant and full-time canine companion Chochi giving her approval on the shot. Nothing gets past her.


9 Responses to “Food Secrets Revealed!”

  1. Anonymous David L 

    It's nice to see there's a lot of hidden fiber in the sandwiches you're promoting!

  2. Anonymous matt 

    For regularlity, David!

  3. Anonymous Kate 

    I am amazed at Chochi's restraint! If my dog was in the general proximity of this sandwich it would be destroyed.

  4. Anonymous Tina M 

    Chochi is so cute; I love her!!

  5. Anonymous fuchsiacow 

    that is one impressive block of sandwich! and a impressive disciplined dog. mine would have lapped it up before i can even say "sit".

  6. Anonymous Veronique 

    Impressive is the word.
    Yummy is another one.

    :)

  7. Anonymous Lucy Vanel 

    An architectural feat of gastronomical wonder. What a good dog!

  8. Anonymous Kevin 

    That looks like terrific fun! Getting paid to play with your food!

    Chochi has the Paris Hilton stand down for the cameras with one foot extended. Love her (Chochi, not Paris).

  9. Blogger 日月神教-向左使 

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Matt Armendariz
  • From Los Angeles, California
  • A man with a passion for good food and a wonderful life with a dash of irreverence. Read at your own risk. Advertising director by day, wino by night. All photos on this site by Matt Armendariz.
  • My profile

Previous posts

From The Vaults

Links & Tasty Stuff


ATOM 0.3